This was a lot of fun! The gameplay is a little tricky to get used to at first, but once you do it's a real challenge and a very rewarding one at that.
Make sushi and feed customers using the innovative technology of conveyor belts!
- Arrow keys to move around the kitchen.
- 🅾️ (Z or C) to drop an item on the floor.
- ❎ (X) to back out.
- ESDF to move around the kitchen.
- 🅾️ (TAB) to drop an item.
- ❎ (Q) to back out.
- Bump into counter space to pickup ingredients (red=fish, white=rice, green=seaweed).
- Find out recipes from the book in the lower right.
- Discard used plates and botched recipes in the lower left sink.
- You can carry up to 3 items!
- Dishes are made by combining three ingredients on the makisu (sushi mat).
- Order does not matter!
- If you don't know the recipe, it will become poop which should be discarded lest it scare off customers.
- The game is played over a week, each day you learn a new recipe.
- Players gain points for being the one that placed ingredients for making a dish and for placing it on the belt.
- You can also gain points by picking up tips and washing dishes
Enjoy the game? Try my 2020 Lowrezjam entry: Store Galore!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Love this game! Took me a little while to get the hang of it but really enjoyable once I got there. Love the art style and concept of it too. Nice one!
Love this game! Super engaging and enjoyable, I got totally hooked :)
I love this. Very fun to play, somehow I could recognize most dishes from the few pixels they use. Congrats on #4
having played all entries from FC Jam, this was my personal favourite. it has a charming design language, and is able to teach the player without explicit text advice. congrats on reaching #4!
Such a fun game! It was very fun and I liked how you added more recipes after each level. would have loved some music with the game but overall this was a very enjoyable experience, keep up the good work :D
I don't know if you've heard of Game Development World Championship before (gdwc2019) but it's a competition for indie game developers where they can submit their games and it's free! It's great if you want some more visibility for the game and it only takes a couple of minutes to join :)
Thanks, glad the recipe additions were working well! I'm still shaky with pico8's music editor, if I continue development will certainly spend some more time with it.
I have not heard of it, I'll take a look!
Love this. Totally my jam!